Stay Hard as Steel!!!

Tired of ads
on this site?

AMERICAN'S

Discussion Forum on Show Your Dick

Page #2

Pages:  #1   #2   #3   #4  

Started by #460385 [Ignore] 06,Dec,15 22:37
Do you ever think about the foreign car you drive, that you fill up with fuel that's not ours. Does it piss you off that the clothes you buy are made from cotton we didn't grow. Are you even aware that your electronics and sneakers are made in a foreign country. Do you ever realize that the only thing you can buy "Made In America" at Wal-Mart is in the lawn and garden department. Are you scared to fly the American flag in your front yard cause you don't want to offend your neighbors. Are you even aware that our kids are no longer saying the Pledge of Allegiance in school. It's not too late to make a difference. Just a thought.

New Comment       Rating: -2  

Comments:
By yellowman [Ignore] 11,Oct,20 11:36 other posts 
No one forced you to buy a foreign car, that was your choice. Not all countries are oil producers so one has to accept that the fuel for the car has to come from another country. Whilst your country may not have grown the cotton that goes into your clothes again that is up to you to look around and find locally made clothing. That also goes for the other products that you need. No one forces you to buy goods that are made in China. Make a stand, just don't buy such goods. Finally, I wonder how you might feel if your neighbours were to raise the Rainbow flag in their garden or perhaps your neighbours with Iranian ancestry were to fly the Iranian flag in theirs?

By #610414 09,Oct,20 08:37
Guys give CC a break. That post is 4 yrs old

By #551147 09,Oct,20 05:25
America is THE most culturally diverse Nation on this planet, second to NONE!

American's as a whole, are the most caring, compassionate, and generous in terms of aid to ANY nation in need from natural disasters or some other events. Usually first on the scene to lend a helping hand.

Yet, SO many want to talk shit about our Country.
Sometimes I just don't understand that.

Are the favors EVER returned? Like when we have out of control forest fires, or being ravaged by hurricane after hurricane or the occasional earthquake?

🇺🇸 Keep AMERICA Great - TRUMP 2020 🇺🇸

By #444412 08,Dec,15 18:25
VOTE TRUMP 2016! "Make America Racist Again"
By #68656 09,Dec,15 00:25
Bear in mind there is a possibility he may be elected to President.
By _avg_ [Ignore] 09,Dec,15 03:00 other posts 
If by 'possibility' you mean 'not physically impossible,' then I'd concede you're right.

But if by 'possibility' you mean there is some favorable probability of that event, then I'd say you're off your rocker.

Really, the things to keep in mind are that
(a) Trump has only ~30% support of the Republican party, which
(b) only ~45% of American's identify as, and
(c) there's still almost a full year before the election. Following on that,
(d) early polls aren't representative and get less so yearly, and with so much time to kill
(e) a braying ass will hold the American electorate's attention until things get 'serious', and
(f) Trump is a world-class ass. Therefore,
(g) he will continue to get air-time as media outlets attempt to satisfy and capitalize on America's morbid curiosity, if nothing else...
By #551147 07,Oct,20 03:30
@ _avg_,

I'd venture to say, you're feeling pretty gotdamned dumb nowadays, aren't you!

How'd them polls work out for you?

Since I'm a g.a.m.b.l.i.n.g. man, I'd be willing to bet you are AGAIN believing them polls, aren't you!?

🇺🇲 Keep AMERICA Great - TRUMP 2020 🇺🇸
By #435701 14,Dec,15 13:26
JohnS-How can you be so smart and yet love the confederate flag?...Oh, I know. You was born and raised in the deep south...I forgive you your ignorance. We are all what we see when we are fledgling humans.
By #420420 11,Dec,15 01:10
Might as well bring back the Nazis. Same Rhetoric, different package!!
By #444412 15,Dec,15 19:27
The most disturbing thing is not that Trump is successful thus far. But that there are people in America that share his fascist tendencies.
By #460385 15,Dec,15 21:29
Take your pic. A crazy ass white racist business man. Or a communist belief white trash female. One is gonna be president.
By phart [Ignore] 15,Dec,15 22:31 other posts 
Truth is there are better men that homeless under bridges for the job of president than the 1 we have now. Some of them are veterans that fought for our freedom.
What some folks fail to understand about Trump supporters is the fact that we are SICK of politics as usual. So he has a big mouth, so he brags about his 10 billion,He wants to close the border till we get a handle on the ISIS thing? Sure makes more sense than to put yet another career politician in there.
By bella! [Ignore] 16,Dec,15 00:22 other posts 
At countryboy,
By #444412 16,Dec,15 12:40
#feelthebern
By #460385 16,Dec,15 16:35
#feelburntyet
By #444412 16,Dec,15 18:36
Yeah. I had a burrito for lunch.
By kebmo [Ignore] 23,Oct,16 05:50 other posts 
If Hillary was white trash she'd be a Trump supporter.
By #460385 18,Dec,15 10:58
He might be a better choice then Sanders who's workers were busted for campaign fraud yesterday.
By #444412 21,Dec,15 02:41
Are you referring to how the Sander's campaign **** fucked the DNC into submission?
By #460385 21,Dec,15 06:51
Must suck to have to apologize to Hillary Clinton on national TV.
By #444412 21,Dec,15 22:55
It was an excellent opportunity to show America that democrats are more mature then republicans, wasn't it?

By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 06,Oct,20 11:36 other posts 
CountryCouple54, at the beginning of your text, I thought you realized something, but then you wandered off to the flag and the Pledge of Allegiance. Those two things are part of the indoctrination of the people, to make them forget the other things you mentioned.
If your country would be good to you, you wouldn't need a flag or a pledge to feel proud of America.
Throw away that useless symbolism and be truly free, to make your mind up what is good for America and Americans.
That is what most European people did. It made it harder for the government to control the people. We demanded a real representative democracy and not just two choices that both screw the people.
By phart [Ignore] 06,Oct,20 12:51 other posts 
last time I checked you Europeans had a immigration problem that makes ours look like a picnic to.
only registered users can see external links
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 06,Oct,20 14:06 other posts 
That one I give you.
Especially Greece is going through hard times with refugees and asylum seekers from all the middle eastern and north African countries. The camps on the borders are overflowing.
But would it help if we all raised our flags and sang our national anthem each morning?
By phart [Ignore] 06,Oct,20 14:25 other posts 
Having a flag,having a anthem,sure,it is not the easiest thing to explain their importantance to someone who has none of either.
But when going into war to fight for freedom,we know our soilders fought under the flag and alot died. Had it not been for them,we may not have our land to fly our flag on!
Our anthem,when singing it,it means we love our country,and it is a way of showing it to the rest of the world.
Just off the top of my head,that is the best I can do to explain it.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 06,Oct,20 14:51 other posts 
It sure is a big difference in our cultures. Most of us only allow ourselves to be nationalists during kings-day and when our national soccer team is doing well
(which is not often).
During these occasions, you can see the national tricolor and the color orange everywhere. Some might even try to sing our national anthem and fail miserably. About 40% of Dutch people don't even know the words of the first verse.
I'm sure it's part of the reason not many Dutch people are willing to die in any wars. We have a military and send them out for peacekeeping missions only. The government will need to present good arguments, before we send any of them at all.
Then we still get angry when any of them die. The government will have to get to the bottom on how that happened.

We just demand that our government does their very best for the people and they fear the power of our vote. This makes it very hard for them in these times, because about half of people want to be protected against Covid and the other half doesn't want their social life and the economy to be affected. That's why our prime minister is weekly on the television to justify his choices, blame the other parties as much as he can get away with and continue to remind us that above all the people themselves are in control of this pandemic.

By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 06,Oct,20 14:16 other posts 
Capitalism vs. Freedom:

By kebmo [Ignore] 14,Nov,16 14:32 other posts 
A lot of Americans wear Canadian flags on their apparel or backpacks when they're abroad. It's very ironic in comparison to the chants of USA! when they're home.
Just sayin'.
By #460385 14,Nov,16 17:00
Huh?

By Onetwo [Ignore] 10,Dec,15 19:59 other posts 
I'm not sure where you live but the USA is one of the leading producers of cotton and many other fruits begs and grains , we are not oil dependent from other countries. We can produce enough oil for our country and more. And biggest exporter of coal which the whole world needs for steel production . I can't be made without our coal . And kids say the pledge here and my flag flies high everyday
By #460385 10,Dec,15 20:48
The US is 3rd in the production of cotton. And they are 1st in exporting it overseas. 40 miles from us is Homestead FL. The largest grower of tomatoes. However, we buy tomatoes at our grocery store that are grown in Mexico. Yes we are the largest producer of oil over Sadia Arabia. However, we imported 700 billion barrels of oil from other countries last year. Consider your town and your kids privileged. They took the Pledge of Allegiance out of school 3 years ago here. In fear of discriminating those who believe in another god. Because we are no longer one Nation under one God.
By kebmo [Ignore] 23,Oct,16 05:49 other posts 
Of course the US exports cotton, to countries that make Trump clothing, Levis etc. and send it back to you in the US, and us in Canada.

By kebmo [Ignore] 23,Oct,16 05:30 other posts 
Trump is nothing but the King of Rednecks. The crazier he is the more they love him. He's a dangerous person who has no right to have his finger on "the button". Life is not a reality TV program. It's real. He doesn't seem to realise it.

Do you know where his "Trump" clothing is made? Yes, China and Bangladesh.

FYI, Canada welcomed 25,000 Syrian refugees between November 2015 and March 2016. Have you heard about all the terrorist action in Canada this year? No? Well maybe it's because they are assimilating and becoming good Canadian citizens because they are thankful to be living in such a peaceful, loving, caring place. Canada's population is the same as California's.

Where were YOUR grandparents born?

By #435701 21,Jul,16 14:09
I am going to be vilified for this. But I will say it anyway. Nations (and religion) are causing the strife that will, once again, end in a World War. A war unlike ANY other World War.(Funny. They said WW1 was THE war to end ALL wars!). Simply because of Nukes. And the absolutely WONDERFUL hydrogen bomb. The ONLY bomb as yet used in anger. And there are So MANY thousands of them just waiting, impotently, in their silos, on subs, in hangars waiting to be loaded on bombers... That bomb that is so much more potent (I will use that word simply because of all the beautiful hard cocks on this site)than those wimpy little atom bombs that destroyed Hiroshima and Nagasaki. They will destroy all of US and not JUST a couple cities with a couple hundred thousand humans... America is a good country (was a great country before politics and greed did us in) and I am happy I live here rather than 'there'...I know the way things are, it is NOT possible for countries and religions to see things as they REALLY are. As ONE race of HUMAN BEINGS, ALL of us living on a tiny little blue planet that spins at a 1,000 MPH, travels around the sun at 67,000 MPH. And in a beautiful galaxy called the Milky Way. What a terrific name! So wonderful to see IF you are able to get away from ALL THE FUCKING CITY LIGHTS that blind us all to OUR Earth's home and it's incredible beauty! Our solar system can not really be seen in it's vastness. The Milky Way in turn, can not really be seen in an ever growing, incomprehensibly large Universe. Just one of many Universes??...Crap. I just convinced myself that this microscopically tiny Earth is hopelessly on a course that will destroy it. Simply because it is INFESTED with humans that CANNOT see...ANY FUCKING THING that will save this ONE race of many colors living on an infinitesimally tiny blue ball!...They only see their countries. Their religions...
By leopoldij [Ignore] 21,Jul,16 19:31 other posts 
Why vilified? You're talking quite rationally.
By _avg_ [Ignore] 21,Jul,16 21:54 other posts 
"God and country are an unbeatable team. Together they break all records for oppression and bloodshed."
~Luis Bunuel

And though it sounds as if you've already heard this, I'll link it for others -- it's so good to hear in his voice: only registered users can see external links

(“Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful chiId, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there-on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.

The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds. Think of the rivers of bIood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

The Earth is the only world known so far to harbor life. There is nowhere else, at least in the near future, to which our species could migrate. Visit, yes. Settle, not yet. Like it or not, for the moment the Earth is where we make our stand.

It has been said that astronomy is a humbling and character-building experience. There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.”)
By leopoldij [Ignore] 22,Jul,16 16:15 other posts 
Well said. Thanks for reminding everyone of what things ought to be important, but are not. Instead, people are deluding themselves by artificial constructs such as countries and religions.
By milesbferry [Ignore] 22,Jul,16 20:07 other posts 
Artificial constructs such as countries! HaHaHa!
--------------------------------------- added after 10 minutes

Pardon me, I was laughing so much I almost fell off my perch.....Where do I live, then?
By _avg_ [Ignore] 23,Jul,16 00:32 other posts 
"On a pale blue dot...suspended in a sunbeam...the only home we've ever known."

What, did you not read it??
By milesbferry [Ignore] 24,Jul,16 07:11 other posts 
Of course I read it, and looked at the Youtube link.

It makes me think of this, possibly Carl Sagan's favourite song, about Outer Space:

Max Romeo - Chase The Devil (1976)

Prodigy - Out of Space (1992)

By _avg_ [Ignore] 24,Jul,16 12:49 other posts 
I was certain you were gonna post this one: only registered users can see external links

By leopoldij [Ignore] 23,Jul,16 07:35 other posts 
Countries are conventions, man-made entities, results of wars and conflicts, there's nothing fundamental about the concept of a country. If you multiply the time scale you live in by a 10 then you'll start seeing the unimportance of the concept. Multiply it by 100 and everything vanishes. Countries and religions (and other societal conventions) exist only because the majority of people are still primitive and cannot think outside the box.
By milesbferry [Ignore] 24,Jul,16 07:17 other posts 
Countries, and religions, are not unimportant, whether you believe in them or not. And stop calling me a 'primitive'!!

I Wicki'd the tired old 'box' cliché, and found this:

On the other hand, “in the box thinking” (a low amplitude) is not detrimental. On the contrary, it is crucial for successful leadership and innovation, because making decisions and promises, analyzing data, and executing to standard operating procedures should all take place in the box, in a neutral intellectual and emotional state—with little or no amplitude. Many poor decisions and broken promises result from making them with extreme positive (overly optimistic) or negative (overly pessimistic) amplitude. Bandrowski observes that many people are in the box when they should be out of it, and out of the box when they should be in it.
By leopoldij [Ignore] 24,Jul,16 08:20 other posts 
Religions are for sure unimportant. They're arbitrary social constructs designed to keep people under control.
By _avg_ [Ignore] 24,Jul,16 13:03 other posts 
One's country, and the religions empowered within it, are most definitely important to one's circumstances and the nature of their day to day experiences. A Jewish citizen of Germany in say 1940 will most certainly have had a different experience than that of a Jewish citizen of say England, at that time; or even of Germany just 50 years later; or different from that of a Christian, in either time or place.

Religion and nationality are no less social constructs, in any case, but to say that they are unimportant is to blithely ignore their real-world effects.
By leopoldij [Ignore] 24,Jul,16 13:20 other posts 
they are, in the grand scheme of things, they are. they are conventions. nothing more.
By _avg_ [Ignore] 24,Jul,16 19:17 other posts 
Of course they're conventions. But of course they're important, too -- that's the whole point of the OP!! Were they not important, why would there need to be a call to stop them?

The 'big picture' is made up of little pictures, and those little pictures are composed (among other things) of the realities of nation-states and religious powers. To ignore those realities means that you get the big picture wrong, too.

Put another way, what is "important" -- what "matters" -- is what *actually happens*, and what *actually happens* is a product of (among other things) the practical effects of social constructs such as nations and religions.

Circling back to the OP, recognizing that those social constructs have negative real-world impacts is critical to minimizing or eliminating their effects, so that what *actually happens* in the little pictures of our day-to-day existence can be improved...making for a much happier bigger picture, overall.

This is not to say that there are not BENEFITS from nationalism, tribalism, religion...there are. Teasing apart the good from the ill is the challenge we face. History shows, as the OP reminds us, that we had best soon take on that challenge in earnest.
By #201583 24,Jul,16 15:21
Thank you. They keep their followers from thinking outside of the 1 cubic inch box their religion holds them to. Everyone knows that going against the grain is blasphemy and the massive invisible sitter will roast them for all eternity for it. It's just a shame that the witty individuals that lead their brainwashed sheep also rob them blind. Just follow that all powerful currency. I believe Moses created a new religion to instill fear so he could build an army and start his r_a_p_e, murder, and pillage spree. That's what was commanded by god Sorry. Free his people from oppression.
By leopoldij [Ignore] 24,Jul,16 17:23 other posts 
Why thank me? I just said some utter trivialities, that everyone knows. Of course, there are people who, due to their unfortunate upbringing, cannot get over conventions and myths, but this does not make what I said more sophisticated. I only said really really elementary things.

By the way, let's not think that Moses, or whoever, created a religion. Those who we think of creators of religions were probably not aware that they were doing so. Usually, religions are established many years later, by people who take advantage of the existence of semi-lunatic preachers. Whatever it is, there is absolutely zero purpose for existence of religions. It is a rather modern phenomenon (say, less than 10 thousand years old) and is nothing compared to how many years we've been around on this planet, let alone the age of the universe. This was, after all, the spirit of the original posting by talk4s: to appreciate the fragility of our Earth, we need to rid ourselves from superstitions and conventions that keep us blind and look much deeper in time. It's not hard to do once we have an open mind.
By #460385 22,Jul,16 16:59
If only it was that simple.

By leopoldij [Ignore] 24,Jul,16 17:25 other posts 
And let me repeat:
Trump will make sure that people won't confuse plural with genitive any more.

New Comment   Go to top

Pages:  #1   #2   #3   #4  

Show your Genitals